Daisuke Minakata Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Environmental Engineering
- Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Michigan Technological University
- Ph.D., Georgia Institute of Technology, 2010
- M.S., Kyoto University, Japan, 2005
- B.S., Kyoto University, Japan, 2002
- Dow 801, 1400 Townsend Drive, Houghton, MI. 49931
- 906-487-1830 (office)
- 906-487-2943 (fax)
Dr. Daisuke Minakata in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Michigan Technological University is seeking a highly motivated graduate student (MS/PhD) interested in performing membrane research in the area of water reuse. Research assistantship will be available from externally funded resources. The ideal candidate would have knowledge and/or experience in computational chemistry, molecular modeling, and/or membrane research. The position will be available from summer/fall 2016. Interested candidates should send the following items to Dr. Minakata at email@example.com: 1) curriculum vitae (CV); 2) three potential referees; and 3) a statement of qualifications and research interests.
- The International Chemical Congress of PACIFIC BASIN SOCIETIES 2015, UV Photochemistry for Water: Implications for Safe Water Disinfection and Oxidation Treatment Applications.
- 251st American Chemical Society National Meeting & Exposition, Division of Environmental Chemistry, March, 2016. San Diego, CA.